KYOCERA Fineceramics Solutions GmbH
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
1. Data Protection Officer:
Mr. Jörn Menzel
Data Protection Officer
of KYOCERA Fineceramics Solutions GmbH
Tel: 0621 486-1325
Fax: 0621 486-25 1325
2. Compilation and storage of personally identifiable data as well as type and purpose of their use
a) Visiting our website
Whenever you call up our website at www.kyocera-solutions.de (.com), the browser installed on your end device transmits information to the server of our website automatically. Such information is stored in a so-called log file temporarily. The following data is stored without your intervention until their automatic deletion:
- IP address of requesting computer
- date and time of access
- name and URL of file called up
- website from which access takes place (referrer URL)
- browser used, and potentially the operating system on your computer, and
- name of your access provider
We process the data listed above for the following purposes:
- ensuring smooth establishment of the connection to our website
- ensuring convenient use of our website
- analysing system security and stability, and
- for further administrative purposes
Art. 6 subs. 1 clause 1 lit. f General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) constitutes the basis of
our data processing. Our legitimate interest in compiling data arises from the above-mentioned
purposes. Under no circumstance shall we use the data so compiled for the purpose of identifying
b) For performance of contract
The legal basis for this type of data processing is Art. 6 subs. 1 clause 1 lit. b GDPR).
Processing of your personally identifiable data is required to perform a contract concluded with you as well as within the framework of a pre-contractual business relationship, e.g. on the delivery of goods, provision of services, responding to requests, preparing of quotes etc. The categories of personally identifiable data we process for this purpose include your business contact data as customer/client, prospect, supplier/provider or as any other contracting party.
We obtain such data either directly from you or, in part, also through our distribution partners. Even in case we did not obtain your personally identifiable data directly from you, we, as responsible contact for data processing, are under legal obligation to inform you about our processing your personally identifiable data (Art. 14 GDPR). Consequently, this Data Privacy Statement also applies in case we did not obtain such data directly from you.
c) For subscribing to our Newsletter
Subject to your prior express consent, we shall use your e-mail address to send you our Newsletter regularly. To receive our Newsletter the provision of an e-mail address is sufficient.
You may, at any time, unsubscribe from our Newsletter, e.g. by using a link indicated at the end of each Newsletter. Alternatively, you may also send an e-mail at email@example.com at any time, requesting removal from our mailing list.
The legal basis for your consent is Art. 6 subs. 1 clause 1 lit. a) GDPR. The legal basis for your right to revoke your consent is Art. 7 subs. 3 clause 1 GDPR.
d) For using our contact form
For any queries, you are invited to establish contact with us through a form provided on our website. To use the form you are requested to enter a valid e-mail address. This way, we know who submitted the enquiry and are placed in the position to respond to your enquiry. Any further details may be provided by you on voluntary basis.
Data processing for the purpose of establishing contact with us is based on your voluntary consent (given pursuant to Art. 6 subs. 1 clause 1 lit. a GDPR).
Any personally identifiable data we compile for your using our contact form will be deleted automatically, unless we use such data to fulfil a contractual relationship with you thereafter.
e) For registering a customer account/business partner login
We offer specific information and services to our business partners in a protected customer area. You are given the opportunity to register for such area. To benefit from such information and services you are requested to enter your full name, valid e-mail address, the name of your company, as well as your telephone number to let us know who registered for our protected customer area and whether the information provided there is intended for you. Any data processing for the purpose of registration is based on your voluntary consent., i.e. on the basis of Art. 6 subs. 1 clause 1 lit. a) GDPR. You are given the opportunity to delete your customer account with us yourself at any time or you may request us to delete your customer account. We shall delete your data or, as the case may be, block your data, unless we are required to retain your data by law.
3. Transmission of data
We shall not transmit your personally identifiable data to any third party for purposes other than
those listed below.
We shall transmit your personally identifiable data to third parties only if:
- you gave your express consent to such transmission (Art. 6 subs. 1 clause 1 lit. a) GDPR)
- transmission is required to assert, execute or defend any legal claims or to safeguard our or the legitimate interests of a third party and if there is no reason to believe that you hold an overriding legitimate interest in the non-transmission of your data (Art. 6 subs. 1 clause 1 lit. f) GDPR
- in case we are subject to a legal obligation to transmit your data pursuant to Art. 6 subs. 1 clause 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- transmission is legally permissible and, pursuant to Art. 6 subs. 1 clause 1 lit. b) GDPR, required to handle contractual relationships with you
That may hold true for the categories of recipients to follow: Our distribution partners as well as all group companies. They may be among the recipients of your personally identifiable data. For any information about our group companies and distribution partners, please visit our website. As to all recipients established in third countries we shall ensure that appropriate guarantees and enforceable rights exist, to the extent we or any processor transmit(s) your personally identifiable data to a third country (e.g. EU standard contractual clauses).
Cookies store information arising from the end device specifically used in each case. However, this does not mean that we are in the position to ascertain your identity directly this way.
Our website uses the following cookies:
The data processed through cookies are required for the above-mentioned purposes to safeguard our
and third parties’ legitimate
interests pursuant to Art. 6 subs. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you may configure your browser such that cookies are not stored on your computer or a message pops up, before a new cookie is stored. Deactivation of the cookie function, however, may have as its consequence that you will not be able to make full use of the functionalities on our website.
5. Analytical tools
a) Tracking tools
We shall execute the tracking measures listed hereinbelow and implemented by us on the basis of Art. 6 subs. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR. Based on the tracking measures applied, we intend to ensure demand-oriented design and continuous optimisation of our website. We also apply tracking measures to statistically quantify the use of our website and to analyse its use to further optimise our offer for you. Such interests are regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned regulation.
aa) Google Analytics
- browser type/version
- operating system installed on your end device
- referrer URL (the website previously visited by you)
- host name of accessing computer (IP address)
- time of server request
is transmitted to a Google server located in the United States and stored there. This information will be drawn on to analyse the use of our website, to prepare reports on website activities, and to provide additional services related to website and Internet usage for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of our website. As the case may be, such information may also be transmitted to third parties, insofar as legally required or to the extent third parties process such data on behalf of Google. Under no circumstance will your IP address be merged with other data compiled by Google. IP addresses are anonymised such that allocation is ruled out (IP masking).
By selecting relevant settings in your browser software, you may prevent cookies from being installed on your computer. However, we should like to note that in such case you might not benefit from all functions offered on our website.
Additionally, you may prevent the data (including your IP address) generated by our cookies and reflecting your use of our website from being compiled as well as processed by Google by downloading and installing an add-on for your browser ( https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en ).
As an alternative to such browser add-on, in particular as to browsers installed on mobile end devices, you may prevent data compilation through Google Analytics also by clicking that link. A so-called opt-out cookie will be installed, preventing future compilation of your data, when visiting our website. Such opt-out cookie will be installed on your device and is specific to your very browser and our website only. Once you delete the cookies in your browser, you will be required to re-install the opt-out cookie.
For any further information about data privacy in connection with Google Analytics, please refer to e.g. the Google Analytics help menu https://support.google.com/analytics#topic=3544906 .
6. Your rights as Person Affected
You have the right to:
- request pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR information about your personally identifiable data we process. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of our processing, the categories of personally identifiable data, the categories of recipients towards whom your data were or are disclosed, the projected period of storage, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, restriction of processing, or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data, to the extent they were not compiled by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and, as the case may be, meaningful information about their details;
- request pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR prompt rectification of incorrect personally identifiable data we store or completion of personally identifiable data we store;
- request pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR deletion of your personally identifiable data we store (“right to be forgotten”), unless their processing is required to execute the right to freedom of speech and information, to fulfil a legal obligation for reasons of public interest, or to assert, execute or defend legal claims;
- request pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR restriction of processing your personally identifiable data, to the extent you contest the correctness of your data, processing is unlawful, but you object to their deletion and we no longer require such data, but you require them to assert, execute or defend legal claims, or you have objected to their processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- request pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR receipt of your personally identifiable data you provided to us in a structured, standardised and machine-processable format or request their transmission to a different responsible contact for data processing;
- at any time, revoke, pursuant to Art. 7 subs. 3 GDPR, vis-à-vis us, your consent already given to us before. Such revocation has as its consequence that we may no longer continue to process your data, as we did on the basis of such consent, in the future;
- lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR with a supervisory office. In general, you may lodge your complaint with the supervisory office competent for your ordinary residence or place of work or our registered office.
7. Right to object
To the extent your personally identifiable data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests
pursuant to Art. 6 subs.
1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personally
identifiable data, insofar as there
are reasons for such objection arising from your specific situation or your objection addresses
direct marketing. In the
latter case you may exercise a general right of objection to be implemented by us without your being
required to indicate
any specific situation (in accordance with Art. 6 subs. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR; Art. 21 GDPR).
Should you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, you may communicate this by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
8. Data security
While you are visiting our website, we use the widespread SSL (Secure Socket Layer) cryptographic protocol in combination with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. The currently highest encryption protection is a 256-bit protocol. Should your browser not support such 265-bit encryption, we make use of the 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether individual pages on our website are transmitted in encrypted form may be recognised by the closed key or lock symbol at the bottom of your browser in the status bar. Incidentally, we make use of appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss in full or in part, destruction, or against unauthorised third-party access. We continuously improve our security measures in keeping with technological development.
9. Version and amendments to the present Data Privacy Statement
The version of the present Data Privacy Statement is as per May 2018. In view of the continuous development of our website and offers we make here or due to changing legal or administrative requirements, the present Data Privacy Statement may be subject to amendments.